Thursday, September 18

Sunlight streams in through the blinds


And I no longer feel compelled to resist
the images that people have of me
of mother earth, taking care
of child, demanding attention
of mental-case, conspiring with the dear sister, laughing
of quirk-queen

and those that they don't perhaps have of me

I feel in this one moment
quite free
of the need to resist, defy or prove

And I pray that the moment lasts, this long life-time.

For as my mother - that one person who is completely aware of my quirks, my restlessness, my unreasonableness and temper - said today, "oh well, its not everyday that you get a chance this kind of thing".

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger deepthi vinod said...

free is the word tat rarely hits us in real...so enjoy and what mother said is dam right......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home